Thursday, January 7, 2010

Beeswax Candles



So, I am a candle lover, but I am trying to live a more natural lifestyle. My Yankee candles made of paraffin wax (and who knows what kind of chemical-laden scents) were giving me headaches when I burned them. Have you ever walked out of a Yankee Candle store and had all of those scents in your nose for an hour afterwards (not to mention still on your clothes when you get in the car, it isn't just me, is it?)?. Well, I thought, I know I can make candles myself...but I want to make them from something local. So, I bought some beeswax from my local honey man and away I went. So, now I am offering pure beeswax candles with cotton wicks (no lead in them). The yellow one in the picture is made from local beeswax. The other two are made from pure beeswax, but colors have been added. The votives need to be burned in a votive holder that is near their size. Beeswax burns clean and much longer than any other wax. Each votive is $2.

No comments:

Post a Comment